Tug of War 2010 - Watch the Tug
Saturday, November 6, at the Crack of Noon
Map & Directions
Of course, we'd rather have you tugging than watching, but spectators are needed too.
The Tug of War rope extends from the end of Second Street in Eastport — next to the Chart House Restaurant — across the harbor to Susan C. Campbell park at City Dock.
Cheer your team on at either of those locations or watch the rope move from the water. The Coast Guard and the Annapolis Harbor Master will close the harbor for the event from approximately 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Many spectator boats — including kayaks — come out to watch the festivities.
Directions from US Route 50:
- Take the MD-2 South/Jennifer Road exit, # 23A, toward Parole (MD-450)
- Merge onto MD-2.
- Turn left onto West Street; go around the circle.
- Enter the next circle and take the third exit onto Duke of Glouster Street.
- To view the Tug from the Annapolis Side, turn left onto Compromise Street; at the circle bear right then turn right into the City Dock parking lot.
- To view the Tug from the Eastport Side, turn right onto Compromise Street; go over the bridge and make the first left onto Severn Avenue; go to Second Street and turn right. Park and walk to end of Second Street, next to the Chart House Restaurant.