Tug of War 2010 - Tugger Info
Saturday, November 6, at the Crack of Noon
As a Tugger, there are only a few things you need to know in order to have a successful Tug. First this is one of the toughest and funnest things you will ever do. Don't think it's a walk in the park -- it's hard!
1. You need to be on site (in the Chart House Parking Lot, on 2nd Street between Severn Avenue and Spa Creek if you are tugging on the Eastport side; at Susan B. Campbell Park if you are tugging on the Annapolis side) by 10:45 a.m.
2. You need to bring your $20 tug registration and a signed waiver (if you haven’t already
given it to your team captain). Additional waivers will be available on site for late
registrations. You can bring more money (it is a tax-deductible donation) if you would
3. You need to wear good-soled shoes. Flip-flops, boat shoes, street shoes: Forget about it. Running shoes/sneakers are best.
4. Gloves, rubber palmed ones especially, are very helpful - some will be provided.
4. You need to be and stay in the area of the Chart House Parking Lot or Susan B. Campbell Park starting at 11:30 a.m. so that your team can be organized and put on the line with minimal delay.
5. You need to remember that this is all in good fun. ☺
The first Tug match-up will begin at Noon and the Tugging should be over by 1:30 p.m. Most tugs are over in under a minute but a few have gone on for an agonizing three or four minutes. The good thing is that a HUGE Tug Fest will precede, accompany and follow, with awards, lots of food, beer and live music.