Tug of War 2009 - Tugger Info
Saturday, November 7, at the Crack of Noon
As a Tugger, there are only a few things you need to know in order to have a successful Tug. First this is one of the toughest and funnest things you will ever do. Don't think it's a walk in the park -- it's hard!
1. You need to be on site (in the Chart House Parking Lot, on 2nd Street between Severn Avenue and Spa Creek if you are tugging on the Eastport side; at Susan B. Campbell Park if you are tugging on the Annapolis side) by 10:45 a.m.
2. You need to bring your $20 tug registration and a signed waiver (if you haven’t already
given it to your team captain). Additional waivers will be available on site for late
registrations. You can bring more money (it is a tax-deductible donation) if you would
3. Getting pledges from friends and family is a good way to raise more money. The tugger who raises the most money in each team will receive a flag or t-shirt – your choice. See the Tuggers' Pledge Form.
3. You need to wear good-soled shoes. Flip-flops, boat shoes, street shoes: Forget about it. Running shoes/sneakers are best.
4. Gloves, rubber palmed ones especially, are very helpful.
4. You need to be and stay in the area of the Chart House Parking Lot or Susan B. Campbell Park starting at 11:30 a.m. so that your team can be organized and put on the line with minimal delay.
5. You need to remember that this is all in good fun. ☺
The first Tug match-up will begin at Noon and the Tugging should be over by 1:30 p.m. Most tugs are over in under a minute but a few have gone on for an agonizing three or four minutes. The good thing is that a HUGE Tug Fest will precede, accompany and follow, with awards, lots of food, beer and live music.
Questions? Please call or email Jan Cort at 410 267-8796, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you plan on tugging and can let Jan know ahead of time, that would be great! If you have friends who want to tug, please pass this on to them and have them contact Jan as well.
Tugger Intro Letter - When you have to be where, what's expected of your, etc.
Tuggers' Damage and Injury Waiver - You have to sign the legal mumbo-jumbo in order to tug
Tugger Recruitment Form - Sign up your buddies to tug as a team
Tuggers' Charity Pledge Form - Get pledges from your friends! The tugger who gets the most $$ in pledges wins a prize. This for charity, remember, as well as for bragging rights.